Everyone wants to reveal that bright, fresh look. Using the right skincare products — like an exfoliating cream or exfoliating mask — is part of it. You'll also need to exfoliate regularly to reveal fresh, radiant skin that is nourished and healthy-looking. Creating a schedule for exfoliation where you find the right balance between too little exfoliation and too much can help you get there. Keep reading for our top tips for exfoliating your face to help you find the ideal schedule for your skin.
What Happens during Exfoliation?
Exfoliation is vital for achieving a brighter complexion. It helps clean deep into the pores to remove dirt and oil, which leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean while also improving skin tone and texture.
Your skin sheds constantly. It’s a slow process, so you don’t have to worry about flaking all over someone’s shoulder if you hug them. Even so, after a while, it adds up. Eventually, your dead skin cells get all gunked up on the surface. It makes your skin dull and tired-looking, making you look more aged than you are. A gentle face scrub can help get rid of the old stuff and reveal your natural face with fresh, healthy-looking skin.
So what exactly happens when you exfoliate?
- Dead cells are removed: Dead cells on the surface of your skin can give your complexion a dull and lifeless look. Exfoliating with a brightening face scrub, which can be purchased at any pharmacy or grocery store, helps reveal healthy-looking skin underneath, revealing an instant glow in just one washing.
In addition to helping improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, exfoliation will help improve the overall feel of your skin, making it smoother and more even.
- Pores are refined and polished: Exfoliation with a fine grade or microcrystalline face scrub removes dead skin cells that can dull your complexion. You can help regulate oil production and control clogged pores by giving your pores a much-needed clean sweep.
- Skin is deep cleaned: Exfoliation helps get rid of dirt and oil trapped in your pores, prevents future breakouts, and helps to unclog blocked pores. Regular exfoliation improves your skin's texture and allows your skin to breathe for a brighter complexion. Our charcoal acne scrub fights the bacteria that cause future breakouts without over-drying your skin.
Know How Often to Do So with Your Skin Type
Every woman’s skin has a different composition, and every complexion is beautifully unique. Understanding your skin type will determine how many times a week to exfoliate.
- Dry/Sensitive: If you have sensitive or dry skin, you may think that skipping exfoliation will cut back on irritation. However, this technique only makes matters worse by failing to remove those built-up layers of dead skin and dirt. Going gentle with an exfoliation cream or exfoliation mask is ideal for those with this type of skin and should occur once or twice a week.
- Oily: Is your face very oily? If so, you can probably handle more regular exfoliation sessions. Enjoy a good exfoliation treatment twice or thrice a week to keep buildup under control and reduce your pimples and gleaming skin.
- Combination: A dry patch on one cheek and an oily patch on the other means you have both oily and dry skin. Exfoliate twice or thrice a week. Note any sensitive areas that are adjusting your schedule.
Exfoliation is excellent for skin health, but don’t do it willy-nilly. Find out what skin type you have first, then get down to it. You want to ensure your skin stays healthy long-term without any damage, blemishes, or even lesions with this guide’s handy tips!
Get your exfoliating cream and exfoliating mask right here on Miah Beauty Supplies! We’re an online store that sells halal beauty products and more!