You will be surprised to know that washing your face can actually cause Acne, and here are some reasons why and tips to prevent this from happening:
- Using the wrong face wash for your skin type. this cleanser made for all skin type; the key ingredient is the Aloe Vera and it softens while gently cleansing your sensitive skin.
- Washing your face with too much force, or too often, can cause irritation and inflammation. Wash your face twice a day (morning and night before sleep) that should be sufficient. Always moisturize your face no matter what skin type you have.
- Make sure to always remove your makeup before sleeping. ( link to Micellar water and milk face cleaner ) these are made for all types of skin, if you use Micellar water and you have a sensitive skin, make sure to rinse it once your makeup is all cleaned.
- Exfoliate your skin maximum 2 times a week if you have sensitive skin (link melting facial scrub), 3 times maximum If you have dry or combination skin. (link summer glow mask), same for face masks ( link to face mask )
- Use daily cream that suits your skin type, dry skin ( link radiance cream ) sensitive skin ( link soothing sorbet cream ) , combination skin ( T zone mate and pure cream link )
- Replace your face towel and your pillowcase regularly. Both can accumulate dirt and bacteria, encouraging acne growth.
- Do not touch your acne unless you have clean hands, dirt can trigger more acne growth.
Bottom line you should always cater to your skin type (oily, dry, combination or sensitive), buy the right facial wash and acne cream. Take care of your hygiene, have a healthy diet, exercise frequently and hydrate yourself.
Remember, washing the face is important but is not enough to clear acne. Excessive washing or and scrubs may damage the upper layer of your skin make your acne worse.